June 7-August 20
Tuesdays – Saturdays, 11 am – 5 pm
$7 adults • $6 seniors, military, students • $6 children ages 3-11
Please bring donation items for the Cache Community Food Bank each time you come! Special needs: Hygiene and baby items, especially diapers.
Daily Activities: Come to the American West Heritage Center with your family or group for a taste of living history. Exploring the Center can take anywhere from 90 minutes to several hours depending on the kind of experience you want.
Venues & Attractions
(subject to change without notice)
- At our Native American Encampment, you can learn about the indigenous tribe of this area, the Northwestern Band of the Shoshone Nation. These Native Americans are the descendants of survivors of the Bear River Massacre, the largest Indian massacre west of the Mississippi. There are activities for kids and adults here.
- Visitors can also see a Mountain Man Camp and Fur Trade area and learn about how the fur trade influenced the settlement of the west. See how Mountain Men trapped beaver or lived in the wilderness, and throw tomahawks.
- The Pioneer Settlement teaches guests about westward expansion, where they can see a dugout, a homesteader’s cabin, or even try pulling a handcart. There are activities for all ages here. Games for kids and hands-on demonstrations for adults and many activities in between.
- The Jensen Historical Farm depicts farming the way it was done in 1917. From cooking on a wood burning stove to enjoying old fashioned work on a farm, there are things to do here for all ages.
- A stop in the Woodwright Shop is a must! You might participate in hands-on workshops, how to work wood the old fashioned way. You can also find handmade wooden bowls, spoons, and toys. Many items are available for purchase.
- Cow Milking: Tuesday thru Saturday at 11:30
- Pony Rides: Pony rides will be available Tuesday thru Saturday from 11-4. Limited to children 12 and under with a weight limit of 100 pounds.
- Train Rides: Our 1/4 scale train is available for the kids Tuesday thru Saturday 11-4.
- Tea Time Fridays at 2pm: Your children will love dressing up for this wonderful party where they’ll learn old fashioned etiquette, enjoy cookies or tea cakes, play parlor games, and enjoy delicious lemonade. Tea parties are $2/person with admission (and AWHC Gold Members are $1/person), but reservations are required. Please call for more information (435) 245-6050 ext. 0. For children age 4 and up.
*No Smoking and No Pets*