If you are a vendor and would like to come and have some fun with us at one of our events, you’ve come to the right place! Some of our events are very conducive to vendors, and some of our events are still growing, but if you’d still like to participate, we often welcome vendors.
Here are the common categories for which vendors might work:
1. Lunch, Dinner & Fresh Foods & Snacks (hand-dipped ice cream, popcorn, etc.)
2. Pre-packaged Snacks & Specialty Foods
3. Hand-crafted Items
4. Antiques & Heritage-Related Items
5. Heritage Services
6. Books & Publications
We have a Vendor Committee who helps us select vendors. We try to limit the number of vendors at our events to maximize the vendors’ chances at being successful. At some events, vending is very competitive, and so we try to choose those vendors who are most appropriate to our mission and atmosphere. To help judge whether or not you might be a competitive or appropriate vendor, here are a few criteria that we use:
- The vendor fills a need for a particular event. (Food, for example, or pioneer items for a pioneer festival)
- The vendor sells old-fashioned or heritage-related items.
- The vendor demonstrates old-fashioned methods for creating what they sell.
- The vendor’s display is conducive to our old-fashioned atmosphere.
- The vendor has excellent customer service.
- The vendor has prices conducive to AWHC guests.
- The vendor sells something different and unique from other vendors.
- The vendor has appropriate licenses, permits and insurance.
Here is the event for which vendors may possibly participate.
Baby Animal Days (this festival, with upwards of 20,000 people anticipated annually over a three day period, is VERY competitive). Vendors for 2017 must have applications in by March 1, 2017.
If you would like to be a vendor, please fill out the following .pdf form FOR EACH EVENT for which you would like to join us. After your submission has been reviewed and approved, one of the following fees will be required.
15% of revenue
All Events: Craft Vendors 15% up to $150
Other Events: TBA
Usually FREE if you bring an activity for guests
Please email us for more information at:email@example.com