Cache Valley’s Spring
Baby Animal Days is back!
Memorial Day Weekend
May 22, 23, 25
10 am – 5 pm
*Last tickets sold at 4:30pm
$8 Per Guest
Ages 2 and under FREE
Tickets available at the door but advanced ticket reservations are encouraged.
Cache Valley’s Spring Baby Animal Days at the American West Heritage Center is back! We are excited to announce that we have been approved to open the event to the public for a grand re-opening on Memorial Day weekend. We have been working hard behind the scenes to create an experience that is CO-VID 19 compliant and available for our patrons to enjoy again. You and your household can safely enjoy an interactive, hands-on experience with many of our animals including baby chicks, baby mini goats, baby turtles and more! Other animals that will be joining us include a baby zebra, baby foxes (kits), a teenage camel, and if the stork lands in time we may have baby bison (red dogs).
Tickets are available at the door but advance ticket reservations are encouraged and the number of guests allowed will be limited to ensure that social distancing requirements are met. Guests are encouraged to wear face masks or facial coverings while visiting.
- Have fun, and enjoy this unique experience!
- Masks are encouraged for all who attend.
- 15-20 feet of social distancing between households will be required during your visit.
- If you have any symptoms of CO-VID 19, the cold or the flu you may not visit .
- Hand sanitizing will be required before and after visiting each animal station. Hand sanitizer will be provided by the AWHC.
Optional items to bring to enhance your Baby Animal Days experience:
- Binoculars to get a closer view of the bison!
- Umbrellas are encouraged for shade and weather.
- Food will be available or you are allowed to bring your own.
- Strollers and pull behind wagons welcome.
WHAT TO DO
1. BUY TICKETS ONLINE: To keep everyone safe and lines short all tickets must be purchased online beforehand. Admission is $8 per guest.
2. ARRIVE & CHECK IN AT YOUR ASSIGNED TIME: Arrive with the members of your household, follow signs & check in by showing your confirmation email with your QR code.
3. SEE THE BABIES AND HAVE FUN: Follow our Baby Animals Day map.
Q: Will you be selling food?
A: Yes! At the end of the tour we will have concessions available which will include snacks, drinks and our famous kettle corn! Iron Gate Catering will also be here selling food, drinks & desserts! Picnic tables will be available.
Q: Can we bring our own food and/or drink?
A: Yes, food and drink will be allowed at the end of the tour.
Q: Can I purchase admission at the American West Heritage Center or pay with cash?
A: We encourage you to purchase your tickets in advance online to reserve your time slot.
Q: Can I get a discount on my ticket purchase by bringing in a can of food for the Food Pantry?
A: We will be collecting food for the Food Pantry, but unfortunately we cannot offer discounts on your tickets this year.
Q: I purchased a membership to the American West Heritage Center, is this an event that is covered under our membership?
A: Yes, if you have purchased or would like to purchase a membership, you will be admitted for free. For membership information please call 435-245-6050.
Q: Can I pet the animals?
A: Yes, under USDA guidelines many of our animals will be available for the hands-on experience. Please be sure to sanitize your hands before and after handling any animals- sanitization stations will be provided.
Q: Will we be able to ride the ponies?
A: Due to CO-VID 19 restrictions, pony rides will not be available during this event.
Q: Will we be able to ride the train?
A: Due to CO-VID 19 restrictions, train rides will not be available during this event.
Q: Is there a limit to how many people can be in my household?
A: Per government regulation, groups are limited to 20 people or less.
Q: Will restrooms be available?
A: Both restroom and porta-potty facilities will be available.
Q: Will the gift shop be open?
A: Yes, you are welcome to come to the gift shop. Please follow social distancing requirements.
Q: What if I have a question that isn’t answered by visiting awhc.org?
A: You may call us at 435-245-6050 to visit with a representative of the AWHC during business hours.